Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Only in New York

I thought perhaps I had blogged about this treat that has greeted me on two previous occasions. But on looking back I can't find any mention of it so here goes.

Walking from the station in the Bronx I passed the guy in the photo- the photo is not all that clear because I hesitated about taking a photo of him and had moved a little further up the street.

I sent text messages to my friends here saying "You may or may not recall my text about the African American guy with the clock and the green hair?" One time  I saw him on or around St Patrick's day.

On today's occasion he sported a basketball theme complete with a basketball themed kitchen clock around his neck.

Around St Patricks Day he was dressed in green- with green shoes, green track suit, green hair and a St Patrick's day themed kitchen clock around his neck.

I can't recall the other outfit but it was the third time I've seen him.

Is he the modern day equivalent of the town crier?

Today he was directing traffic on this particular corner. I know this for a fact as I stopped a little further up the road to take a photo and he called out to me "You have the light, it is safe to cross."

Made my day really and it was only 7:45am!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Well, we have them here, too, but the police usually make them move out of harms way of the traffic!! LOL

Love the fact that he saw you clear up the street!! He probably feels he has a calling! Gotta love him.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...