Thursday, October 14, 2010

Signs of autumn

 Well no, this doesn't look like autumn- it is a very blurry photo of part of my walk to the subway this morning. What did I spy? Aahhh someone was doing some sort of filming on the downtown side of the R/N/Q 49th St station. Unfortunately when I got to the platform on the uptown side I couldn't see anything- it's a mystery!... well to me anyway- hope the people who were there knew what they were doing there!
 Now here is some sign of autumnal tints. It means that it is going to get very cold far too soon.
 I liked the leaves against the building and the blue blue sky. 

 Then I decided seeing I am going to be at this school all year I should take this shot as the landscape changes. Got photos last year of snow in this same area.

On my way home I remembered the hazards of my journey to the apartment on a Wednesday afternoon. Hazards?! Yep the patrons going home from the Wednesday matinee. Depending on what time I make it home there is either a crowd of people lingering and chatting after the show so many that one has to risk life and limb on the street. One has to move off the footpath and onto the bitumen , sorry off the pavement and onto the macadam!
 This guy is setting up the souvenir sales for "A little night music" which is playing in the theatre next to our apartment building.
If I had been a bit later I would have had to avoid the people at the stage door waiting for a glimpse of Elaine Stritch and Bernadette Peters. Or on the other side of the road people waiting for Kelsey Grammer and Douglas Hodge.

1 comment:

Barb said...

You have so much fun, Celia!! You get to experience so many different things!!

BTW what is the macadam? I don't know what that one is!!

Love all your pictures and am sure glad you are posting again! I missed you!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...