Saturday, October 9, 2010

Two years ago today

 Unbelievably it is two years ago today that Maddy died. I thought about how I wanted to mark the day and was looking through my albums and had a bit of a cry over this layout I made about her.

I have begun an album of "Stories from my mother's house" using photos I took before the house was sold and in fact before she died.

I am really pleased that Michele thought to have a "memorial" seat done in the theatre in Melbourne- such a great way to have her "live" on in that place that she patronized so much.

The beach that she loved complete with birds!
 
I do miss her- there are times when I think of things that she would have wanted to hear about or other times when I feel I am channeling her- often the bad things like worrying about changes in plans for meals or "when did you say you phoned?".

I find myself thinking of her when I am deciding on a purchase and am attracted to the one with the flowers or birds on it. I have even begun my own collection of little bird ornaments- three is a collection isn't t?

2 comments:

Michele said...

That looks Lovely. I was with Nick & Kate and we talked about the day.Andrew also reminded them when we got home. They said "Yes Mich said"

Barb said...

I love the LO you did of Maddy, Celia. It doesn't seem two years already. I have found with my parents that you never really get over it, you just seem to live with it. I miss them both so much and it has been 14 years now.

What a great thing to get a seat in the theater in her memory. That's a great thing!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...