Monday, August 3, 2009

Surreal on Sunday

This is beginning to feel a bit like Mission Impossible ... the Blogging challenge for Surreal Sunday are:

"Surreal is anything bizarre or dreamlike.. so let's share a bizarre or dreamlike story. It doesn't have to be life changing or move people to tears or hysterics. Just share a story of something that was bizarre or dreamlike to you. Don't think too hard, it's not a contest and there are no grades. It's just a post here or on a blog, that's all. It doesn't have to be something that you experience you can even just share a bizarre story you heard or some bizarre news you saw on TV. Maybe you will lean towards the dreamlike story and share something that was so fantastic it felt like a dream?"

So being the obliging and obedient person that I am I began trying to think of what surreal thing write and do and subsequently thought about posting the photo of the Dali exhibition "Liquid Desire"- that was a surreal thing!

Signs for the Dali exhibition on the Victorian Arts Centre
but then in getting my blog entry organized it all began to seem surreal and Mission Impossible-esque- the instructions missing were
"And you Mission ,Celia, should you choose to accept it is ..... this message will self destruct in 5 seconds".

The music is playing in my head too! So in all pretty surreal.

Getting back to the gallery visit which I posted about a week or so ago- we'd gone for lunch and then the exhibition- we had to queue in the amazing Great Hall I just love the Leonard French ceiling
then on the way out of the gallery itself Michele stopped to check out the sign with our mother's name which is in the list of contributors to the development of the gallery
6th from the bottom in this photo

7 comments:

Jane said...

Well done Celia - I like your surreal approach to this subject.

Amy Kingsford said...

wow...well first off you can never go wrong with dali...he is the epitomy of surreal...but i loved your description...i felt like i was there...a surreal sunday indeed!

Linda said...

This was so cool to read about. Made me want to google it and learn more about dali. Your story was so fun to read, Celia you always entertain me with your writing.

Barb said...

Loved you chose Dali! I love his work and talk about surreal!

I loved seeing your mother's name on the plaque. So nice to be able to see something that was important to her.

Thanks for sharing your days with us.

Mary C. said...

Very cool blog entry. I didn't know much about Dali but he seems very interesting and how exciting to have a family connection.

Tamarra said...

hehe I LOVE Dali.. and am so glad I got to see it.. and seeing your mom's name as a contributor is so cool.. thanks for playing

Miss you!

Anke said...

such a cool story Celia! I also love that ceiling, what a great shot!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...