Friday, March 19, 2010

Music as inspiration

Actually what Paula had in mind was album covers when she said...
Welcome to week 3 of my inspiration series! I'm posting inspiration pieces every Thursday in March as my contribution to the Get It Scrapped Get Blogging challenge. This week I'm moving on to music, specifically cd covers, or whatever they call them these days LOL! The beauty of the cd or record cover is that it's a square and translates very nicely into a scrapbook page.

This had me thinking and my immediate thought was "What!" but then I started to look through the piles of LPs yep you know those things before CDs? And we have mountain of them here in Footscray ... I decided I could use them as an inspiration but not only for layouts... this will also be quite revealing about my eclectic taste in music- you may even question the use of the word taste!

Here goes...


I thought the collection of photos in my view there are 5 photos laid out here, the title with a subtitle and even a bit of journaling at the bottom!....  and look at that.... LP's are the same size as well as shape of a 12x12 scrapbooking page. Paula you are so clever!


I wasn't planning on using the inspiration from this as a page but more as a photographic layout... all I need to find is a brightly coloured seat! Oh and someone wearing black to sit on it and a nice manicured set of nails!

And finally...
I like the brightness of the blue and yellow  but also like the "platform" with possibly 4-5 photos arranged on it then the best part is the title "Ego is not a dirty word". Showing my age here and that I am Australian as others from other times and places would have no idea what I am talking about. 

 I was tempted to try to download something but then that would be stealing. So here are some of the lyrics from the Skyhooks song....

If I did not have an ego I would not be here tonight
If I did not have an ego I might not think that I was right
If you did not have an ego you might not care the way you dressed
If you did not have an ego you'd just be like the rest

Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Don't you believe what you've seen or heard

If Jesus had an ego he'd still be alive today
And if Nixon had no ego he might not be in decay
If you did not have an ego you might not care too much who won
If I did not have an ego I might just use a gun

Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Don't you believe what you've seen or heard

3 comments:

*Paula* said...

I'm loving that you made the connection with LPs and scrapbook layouts -- and the fact that you have LPs! It's funny, kids nowadays probably don't even think about owning cds, never mind lps!
Looking forward to seeing the layouts you create with these inspiration pieces!

Barb said...

What a great take on the challenge, Celia! I had never thought to go to old albums. Unfortunately, ours went to the curb several years ago when we really cleaned out the shed!! :( I get crazy sometimes!

Jane said...

We have a collection of Lp's (more than 200 actually) which we have been meaning to (on the very very long list of to-do's) put them onto the computer. We have transferred about 50% of the CD's but it's the time factor. Oh and I loved the Skyhook's too - was lucky enough to go to a concert in their hayday and also the reunion tour of the early 90's. I cried a volume when Shirl died !

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...