Sunday, March 7, 2010

9000 words what a challenge

Gosh Katrina set an amazing challenge which I was unable to match!

She said... A picture is worth a thousand words. How about 9 for nine thousand words?
Photos on your blog provide visual zing to your stories! Today, why not gather photos from your last week or so, put them together in a layout and share them with your blog world. I love the way photos group in 9's! No photos from the last week? Wander around your house and snap 9 to share with us!

I didn't have the photos to use so decided on snapping shots of the orchids in our apartment. That was the easy part



 
I was totally unable to get them in grid formation as I don't have the capacity, skill or where withall to do as Katrina did but it seems a nice collection of photos. It was all lined up in three rows when I formatted the post but it just fell out of order.

First gift from Mary and Leonie in memory of Maddy; second Sue's birthday present from me; third  the one we inherited from Susan
Fourth Maddy close up; fifth the bud on the sixth one which is about to burst into bud and was the one that Jude saved from the dumper room 6 years ago
Seventh roots of the dumper orchid; eigth Susan in bloom and ninth Sue's birthday in bloom

Hopefully the orchids will survive our three week absence from the city.

2 comments:

Cheryl McCain said...

Celia, these photos are gorgeous! I've never tried my hand at orchids but it may just be something I'll have to investigate.
Great job on the blog challenge!

Barb said...

Love them, Celia!! They certainly made my day after a not so great day at work!! Thanks for sharing and great take on the challenge!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...