Friday, March 5, 2010

Advertising a source of inspiration

That's what the challenge is for today from Get it Scrapped. First the challenge (for your benefit in particular Barb) is free to all and on the forum page of GIS in the Challenge forum. Today's challenge has been issued by Paula
How about you? Have you ever used ads as inspiration for your layouts? Look though magazines and even junk mail you have lying around and see if you can find an ad would be a good inspiration piece. Post it on your blog as a reminder to yourself to use it! I'll be back next Thursday with a new source of inspiration and with my take on this first inspiration piece.

Funny she should set this challenge on today in particular as I saw an advertising poster for Come Fly Away- a new Broadway show- as I walked to work this morning and I thought it would make a great Art Journaling page- the layout of it and the concept. I didn't take a photo this morning (darn) but intend to and then perhaps do both an Art Journal and a scrapbooking page.

However I did photograph another advertising poster because it it inspirational and it fits so well within the thinking of our Happiness Project. 

 I do admire Michael J Fox for his optimism and continued use of his influence in the media using it for good. The ad has just given me a number of uplifting moments as I watched the video clips available on the website. I really struggled to decide which one and have only chosen this one because it was the one I just watched.

Hope you enjoy looking too!

5 comments:

*Paula* said...

Sometimes it's hard to turn that part of our brain off - isn't it? So many ideas floating around out there in the world when you stop to think about. Looking forward to seeing how you translate the inspiration - please link me up when you do!

Barb said...

w, Celia. Had me going for a second on that video!!! LOl Wondered how that was on that web site!! I got the point! It was really good.

Thanks for the link to the challenge. I am on that everyday but missed it! Going there now.

Cheryl said...

It's going to be interesting to see the layouts we all create from our chosen inspirations.

Tamarra said...

I really like this ad.. very inspiring.. wonder if I'll get in trouble with Paula if I just steal yours?

Michele said...

values.com is great what an inspiration; keeps the spirits up when the world seems a less than caring place

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...