Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Make-over Monday the blogging challenge is on...

Given that in this month the Happiness Project has a focus on blogging... at least that was Gretchen's thing in the book so it seemed appropriate to take up the challenge from Get It Scrapped of blogging and perhaps winning a prize howver the prize for me would be to have each day of March on my blog so here goes!

The instructions for make over Monday came from Amy
Aren't makeovers a blast! Well I'm glad you think so, because you can look forward to five Get It Blogged Challenges from me, all geared towards making over different aspects of your scrapping! What are we making over first you ask...? Our Photos! Your challenge, if you choose to accept it ;)...is to makeover a photo...ANY PHOTO!...and post it on your blog. You may decide you want to makeover your profile picture, or maybe you want to post a lo with a "made over photo," or maybe you have some ideas you'd like to share about "Making Over Photos." Still stuck...visit my blog for 10 quick ways to makeover your photos! 

Here are my photos 

The original taken on Sunday as I worked at getting my week organized... 
This one cropped and used the retouch tool to blur the background ... that was fun!

  
Used the sepia and the retouch tool... my new friend!


 

The vignette tool worked this time where is that retouch tool?!

 
How about this blend of the retouch , cropping and enhancement making the shirt blacker and getting rid of a couple of blemishes.... me blemished? nah!!

6 comments:

Cheryl McCain said...

Celia - I just love all the variations of your photo! Great job on the challenge!

Mary C. said...

Celia, you were having fun with photoshop, weren't you. I love your results. It's great to try new things. AND I love your photo. Good to see all of you!

Barb said...

Celia. I love this. How cool!!! And I LOVE your glasses!! They add so much color and with your hair they look fab!!!

where is this blog challenge thing? GIS? If so , I missed it!

Tamarra said...

very cool.. though I like seeing the focus on you.. my inner snoop loved seeing a photo of your surroundings ;)

Michele said...

My god we have let her loose on more technology!! But you do look good Looking forward to seeing the real you on Tuesday!!

Amy Kingsford said...

great job with this challenge Celia...I always love readng your blog!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...