Thursday, March 18, 2010

Going green on St Patrick's Day

I actually missed the boat with this one but I'm still getting caught up on my blog and the challenges. I like the challenges as they make one think differently about both blogging and the day itself.

Michelle's challenge was ...
On March 17th post a layout that has you "going green". You can interpret this in several ways, you can recycle product and go the echo green route or find some great green product to showcase. Pick your poison and I will be watching

There is no way I'd have a scrapbooking layout done either in time or  on this subject yet what with being in Footscray and working!! eek I just haven't had the wherewithal or inclination to get a layout done but did take a photo that is part of the "going green' theme.

For years now we have had our process of composting our kitchen scraps. The little brown bin sits on the kitchen bench and any vegetable or degradable matter is just tossed in there and when it is full enough to warrant the trip to the black  compost bin in the garden then out it goes. Not a particularly pleasant scent sometimes but it is great use of the by products of cooking. The compost bin shifts around the garden depending on where Michele has placed it. Notice I say Michele as it is her area of expertise (the gardening not the compost). This particular time it's under he wattle tree that is in front of the bungalow.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Whoa! Bet that bin can really get an aroma!! LOL What a great eco thing to do! I am so glad to hear Michele's forte is in gardening not the compost! LOL

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...