Monday, March 22, 2010

A pearl?

In keeping with the March challenge I checked out what Michelle had in store for the bloggers and she said...
For today Sunday the 21st (or any time you get to it) share a "pearl of wisdom" with us on your blog. It can be a quote you find, something a parent or grandparent used to say... you name it. Share as much or as little about it and what it means to you as you want. Post when you have your "pearl" posted! I'll go get mine up now!

I could go on and on with this one given the Happiness Project has given me plenty of pearls of wisdom and Maddy used to have some particularly fine ones that enter my conversation on a regular basis... so to choose an appropriate pearl for this time.

It was a pearl that Maddy would drop on the odd occasion "I must have been out of my tree!" More of a summary of life's events than advice but it certainly sums up how I have been feeling in part over the past weeks. Why?

I must have been out of my tree to think that I could:
Fly to Australia, then back to NYC  and then on to a ten day  tour of  Monument Valley via Santa Fe and Vegas and still work/learn here in Australia for the past two weeks and then have my head together for the work in NYC in April!

Actually I am managing but .... perhaps I am half way up a gum tree rather than out of it.

Then reflecting on the challenge of threshing around a "pearl of wisdom" my mind fell into exploring  "the only life you can lead is your own"  which sort arises out of Stephen Covey's work and thinking when he (and others) said the "only person you can change is yourself". That then has me thinking about the little book "If life is a game then these are the rules" The only rule I can remember is that "you only get one body". All these kinda interlink.... and so reflecting back on being out of my tree I figure I m leading my own life!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Celia. I don't think you are out of your tree!! To be able to do what you are doing, you have to be totally in control! Hang tight. You are making it flying colors!!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...