Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just another manic Monday

It wasn't actually all that manic...I just love that line in the song...can't even think of the song title.

I didn't take any photos- figured many were getting tired of the snow shots but then that's all there is to take at the moment.

It's Monday it may be book club, and it was. This month it was Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. In true book club style hardly anyone had read the book. I had read a few pages and having bought the hardback book...what a waste! The book is a huge sucker and in hardback it is a danger to life and limb if one should fall asleep reading it- which from the small part I read is highly likely.

So book club was all about catching up on what people were doing, their families and their work. Talk was of the flooding in Australia and the fund raiser we are having here, as in NYC, on Saturday February 5.

After a decision about the new book which is to be The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman.
Following that, we plan to read The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. Both of which are paperbacks but I have bought them on my kindle on my iphone so no danger of great injury from the book at least.

3 comments:

Michele said...

The song's by the Bangles
Six o'clock already I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino by a crystal blue Italian stream. I used to sing 'by a tryst flew a stallion tree"
Hope the new book is better!

Barb said...

Book clubs! So true. I don't know why. I actually was in one where everyone did read the books!! It was great!! LOL

I did miss your pics. But it gives me something to look forward to!

Alas, we all made it through Monday. Onward!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

I have one friend (in a different state - we've been friends for 20 years) who said her book club doesn't even bother selecting books any more. They just meet and talk and laugh. But a local friend belongs to a serious book club where most members actually read the books. I've never belonged to a book club. I have no intention of reading even a few pages of Franzen's book. Love the way you wrote about it.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...