Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday Fun day

 Having spent the day yesterday working and preparing for the week I was "free" today to do really fun stuff and I have had such a great day.
Headed off around 9:30 to Grand Central to do my final photo shoot for my photography class and I was so lucky... first to have a good view on the way of the Chrysler Building- you can be lucky sometimes.



I had the opportunity to capture a range of people using the train station and looking around. Most other days I have ended up with photos of people on their cell phones but today the focus ended up being people taking photos.
Once I have decided (at class this week) which photos will be in the exhibition I'll post them here. But here is just one of the ones from today.

 And then I spotted (along with just about everyone else in the area) this vision...

 He seemed to be having his breakfast- it took him forever to complete his repast so quite a few opportunitieis to take photos and I think I have some good ones.

 I actually saw him here at Grand Central about 4 years ago I think it was. I need to look back through my photos to work out when it was.

Having completed the photo shoot I went to see The Importance of Being Earnest at the Roundabout theatre. When I was booking my season tickets months ago I did register my complaint about a man playing the role of Lady Bracknell- I objected to a man taking away from a woman one of the great parts in theatre for older women. Having registered my complaint I still went along o see Brian Bedford direct and play the role of Lady Bracknell. The production is lovely- the period costumes gorgeous, the set great and the performances and delivery of those wonderful Oscar Wilde lines really well done. So in all I have had a great day and a great chance to see people dressing up in lots of spots around NYC.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my goodness. What wonderful shots you got!!

I am going to love seeing what you have chosen for the exhibit!

Michele said...

What an individual!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...