Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tuesday list on Thursday

When the day was just one of the "usual days" I was really struggling to think of a way to create a post and thought I'd use the ideas of another blogger who posts a list of questions  on Tuesdays- Ten on Tuesday- she blogs at Roots and Rings I found her via a friend of Tami's  who blogs at Growing up Jenny
Some of the questions were not necessarily something I would have particularly thought about but hey it's helping me get my Thursday post done!

1. What’s your favorite color to paint your nails?
I actually don't have a favourite colour for nail polish as I don't colour my nails often however if pushed to decide I'd say a plum sort of colour

2. Do you like to sneeze?
Gosh liking to sneeze is an interesting concept. It doesn't bother me whether I do or don't sneeze however I sneeze in twos. That is I'm a bit like that saying "there is no such thing as having one timtam"- in my case there is no such thing as "a" sneeze. I don't sneeze once but twice and then if I sneeze a third time then i know that there is a fourth one about to happen.

3. How often do you fill up your car with gas?
Never! I don't have a car

4. Were you named after anyone?
Now what a perfect question for me! I was named after dad's aunt Cecilia and I was also born on St Cecilia's day.

5. Have you made any good recipes lately?
Michele gave me a great book for Christmas Simple to Sensational. The recipes have on one side of the page a simple recipe and on the other side a sensational recipe. I made the simple risotto recipe the other night- mushroom ...really tasty and very therapeutic to make. Stirring and chopping and then enjoying. Supposedly there could be left overs to make the sensational recipe but either we ate way too much of it or I catered perfectly for two!

6. What’s an easy money-saving tip that you use regularly?
Me? Money saving? One of my greatest strengths is my capacity to fritter money away. So to have a money saving technique I regularly use is non existent.

7. Would you rather have a sore throat or an ear ache?
Neither particularly but I think a sore throat is more easily managed and the management of it involves eating so a little pleasure along the way.

8. Do you have any scars? What are they from?

Apart from the scars on my heart created by others- you know who you are... I have two particular scars that are on my skin. One I have posted about in the reverb10 postings in December- I think it was then ... and when Sue read it she said it was too much information but hey I didn't post a photo of the horrible thing that caused the scar by its removal.
The other scar is on my shin and here's how that one happened...
When I was about 10 I  had gone next door to play with my friend Cheryl and was rushing home. To get home we didn't just do the normal thing of going out the front and along the street and then into our house oh no. The next door neighbours had a ladder built on the side fence (in many places in Australia homes have fences all the way around their properties) and on our side were the fence posts and so to get from their place to our place you climbed the ladder, swung your leg over the fence onto the strut bit on the other side of the fence stepped on to the top of the brick bar-b-que dad had built and then onto the side of the bar-b-que and a small jump onto the ground.
I was late, it was raining, I slipped and cut half way up my shin- I can still picture the bone shining there and the blood gushing.
I went inside and my mum was furious with me for being late and wrapped something around it and got me to walk to the doctor by myself to get it looked at. We didn't have a car, she had two younger than me kids and wasn't really coping with the whole situation. So two stitches later and a longish walk home and a scar on my shin.

9. What are you “known for” in your circle of friends/family? 
Ah this is yet another long story that I have posted about but I am known in my family as the "grey scrubber".
With some of my friends I am known for my collection of and collecting snow domes hence the image on my blog.

10. How do you like to eat your pancakes?
Quickly. Is that a good enough answer? Actually I really love crepes like dad used to make with lemon and sugar...yum.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hey. This was good. I know more about you now than when I opened your blog!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...