Monday, January 24, 2011

A day of fun

 I know, like every other day in NYC is not fun, however today was full.
Started by getting my photography class homework done by visiting Grand Central and then headed off to brunch to celebrate Bob's birthday. This involved my choosing to walk from Grand Central to 20th St and 10th Avenue. A longish walk (43 minutes according to google maps). It was cold but well worth it as it took me through Bryant Park and past the "reading room" of the NY Public Library

The Reading Room
Then I spotted the fountain.
What a photographic delight that was!
Shows how cold it has been in NYC of late.




After brunch at the Cookshop, Margie and I headed to BAM to see The Abbey Theatre production of John Gabriel Borkman  by Ibsen. A play I had never heard of but true Ibsen style- dark and brooding-starring Alan Rickman, Lindsay Duncan and Fiona Shaw. I enjoyed the theatre of it all despite the tragic themes. The reviews weren't so great but the performances were as far as I was concerned and it was fantastic to see such great actors, especially Alan Rickman (been a fan for ages) live on stage.

Home in time for dinner... a long but fun day!

3 comments:

Barb said...

What a great day, Celia and your pics are out of sight!

Terry said...

oh the pics of the fountain are out of this world.

Tamarra said...

Awesome shot of the fountain and I loev Alan Rickman too :)

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...