Saturday, January 1, 2011

Daze Thirty One December

Core story. 
What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.) (Molly O'Neill)

And so the reverb10 challenge comes to an end with the year and so does my capacity to deal with some of the prompts they have provided us with. However I did what Molly O'Neill suggested and looked back over the month to find my core story and what I found was "thinking" is at the core of me.
I often tend to over think things and that gets me into a burbling mess as it did last night- not going through that one.
Loving to spend time thinking is about "stuff" is at the core of my attempts at a blog.   And it is what I really like to do... looking at something from a different angle or just finding meaning in the things I see and hear.
The last day of the year was spent preparing to see the year out.
Michele and I prepared te maki sushi for the guests at Kate's apartment so we could comfortably whil away the hours until the ball dropped.
We took the makings to Kate's and then went to Columbus Circle to have lunch and then browse the bookshop.

 We went to the Italian restaurant for a lovely lunch and chatted about our goals for the coming year.


 A glimpse of our party- the food on the table in the background is the sushi- we were too busy eating for me to take a photo of the food itself!

 At some point in the evening everyone made their way to the window to locate the ball before it had dropped
Chatting, eating and drinking and then watching and singing along to Mamma Mia filled the evening and finally cheers and hugs all round and 2011 has begun.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Celia! I CAN relate to the over thinking doda!!

My husband always says that I over analyze EVERYTHING!! LOL I always feel the need to look at everything from everyone else's point of view and every perspective possible!! LOL LOL I know this, but I guess at times I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe I need to over analyze that I don't see anything wrong with doing that!! LOL LOL

So here we are. 2011. Looking forward to many blogs and loads of pics. Cheers!

Elizabeth Marie said...

I think over-thinking is underrated.

I love the way you ended your year. I almost envy you, though I was and am exactly where I want and need to be.

I'm grateful to the Reverb 10 crew for the chance to discover you.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...