Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Walking Home

The start of a new week and in the continuation of trying to get more exercise into my day I caught the local train at 125th Street and got off at 72nd St. The advantage of this is that not only do I get a little more exercise but I also get to walk through Central Park. Walking along I was thinking why have I not done this sooner. It was a very crisp afternoon but the park is lovely in all seasons. There is still a lot of snow on the ground but the paths were clear.
The filtered winter sunlight on the benches in the park made me pause and take a photo of them.

Light on benches
 Once I had taken one photo there was no stopping me- at least I took a few more. 


A little dark  but I will adjust looking into the light means the yellow leaves on the tree aren't obvious- believe me it was very pretty!

The king of small things?
 The sights one sees in New York should never fail to amaze and interest one. I actually walked past this man adjusting his crown as he was walking along 8th Ave and 48th St. I have no idea who or why but think he is a "regular" so to speak person, that is a New Yorker. He allowed people to take his photo but I was on the move so merely snapped one when I could. His crown is gold, his cape is purple, the long grey/blond hair and beard I believe are his own I believe. This is the impression I got from my quick glance at him. He was having to adjust his crown every so often. I pointed him out to our doorman, Robert, and even he was surprised by the "King of Small Things" as I dubbed him.

 I'd had a text during the day from Bernadette to let me know it was happening- it was actually to show that she knew the term for what was going on... A Little Night Music closed on Sunday and today they were bumping out.

Our kitchen light has blown so it was a little like cooking by candle light. Not easy when one is trying out a new recipe from one's Christmas present cook book. I had the cook book on the dining table in the better light so actually not only did I cook the new risotto with wild mushrooms recipe but also got a lot more exercise going back and forth to the recipe book.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Celia--I just love your NY photos. Such an interesting place. So different from TX.

Barb said...

Oh my goodness what great pictures again today. Love the King picture. And I learned something already this morning. I never knew the term bumping out! I will have to use it on my son in NY just so he knows mom is "with it"!!!

Also, why is it those bulbs blow when you need them most? And of course, you never have the extra one and even worse for us...we have no memory. Go to the store and come home without one!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...