Friday, January 7, 2011

Free on Friday?

I wasn't booked in to work today with the vain hope that I could connect to a specific school which I hadn't be able to do so it would seem I'd be free.
I had the fanciful notion that having had a late night on Thursday night due to my photography course that I would sleep in, loll around a little and then get some art journaling done ( have not done any for ages) then leisurely pack for the scrap-booking meetup and spend the evening there. That scenario wasn't to be.
Instead I headed out at the height of the snow falling-

this time it was slushy and not so heavy in Manhattan 




but really much thicker and fluffy in the Bronx where I was heading to meet at a new school.

The meeting was successful and short and then I headed back home  a late lunch and collection of my photos from Duane Reade. Gosh that system works well for me- you know... upload the photos from your computer to the snapfish website to have them printed and collected from the nearest Duane Reade- corner of Broadway and 50th I can practically see them being printed from my bedroom window.  You wait for the email from Duane Reade to say they are done and don't forget your wallet. This usually takes about an hour it has sometimes taken longer but more often than not in about 15-30minutes they are ready. 

I had a mountain of photos of which I used a few and got 6 layouts done- a little journaling still to do on the November page and my 2010 album is complete. Great idea that Tami had for the way to manage the year's photos. 

On my way to the crop I was quite taken with the "view" while waiting for the train.


The light and the lines of the structure of the subway.

I like this second one best as it has more people in between the "poles/lines". It s a bit like one of those spot the difference things one did as a child

1 comment:

Barb said...

Those photos are great, Celia. I like the second one better, too.

What is Duane Reade. I haven't a clue!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...