Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10 on Tuesday

I enjoyed doing this process on Thursday last week so visited the blog again and the following was her list- again some things I would never venture to think about but interesting to walk in other' s shoes to think

1. Do you decorate for Valentine’s day?
I steer clear of this "celebration" although it is the day that I land in Australia this year.

2. Does your desktop have a picture or computer graphic? Is it organized?
I hate a messy desktop so mine is organized- I have one of my favourite photos from part of our trip along route 66 on my laptop desktop. Have to get a new image on my Desktop computer.

3. Do you use a paper planner, electric planner or no planner at all?
Paper diary/planner using Stephen Covey planning strategies.

4. Do you change purses or bags often or stick with a good thing?
I use a really small handbag and have been known to change it seasonally.

5. What’s your favorite YouTube Video?
At the moment my favourite You Tube is three year old Jonathan "conducting" Beethoven's 5th symphony

6. Do you use Turbo Tax or a real person to pay your taxes?
Have to have a real person for this

7. How many states have you set foot (or tire) in? Which ones?
Hmm need to get a map out and check- I have been to every state in Australia but in the USA?
California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Tennessee, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Illinois, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Massachusetts, New Hamphshire, Maine, Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi... I think that is 30... only 20 left to see!

8. How many countries have you been in? Which ones?
Listing Countries I have been in is even more difficult... here are most of them
England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Portugal, Spain, France, Germany (East and West), Russia, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Morocco, Tunisia, Switzerland, Belgium, Monaco, Estonia, Andora, Greece, Croatia, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Netherlands, Fiji, New Guinea, Japan, Vietnam, USA  and Australia. Perhaps that makes it 36.

9. How many pillows are in your house? (Sleeping or decorative)
Better things to do than walk around counting the pillows and cushions in the house!

10. How cold is too cold for flip flops?

Never wear flip flops or thongs as we call them. I hate how they rub your feet and have had nasty accidents when wearing them - getting  the edge of them  caught on a step... pain!

 Heading home...
 And so for the long walk home I started out from 117th Street and walked through the top of Central Park and through and down to 72nd St. Along the way I enjoyed the beauty of snow and park. Went along some tracks, carefully, watched some people skating at the rink in the northern end of the park, sought out the birds making lovely sounds- no idea what they were- then passed a waterfall and creek. After i while I began to feel that I could get lost so sought out the major road and path and headed out through a bit more "civilization" rather than wilderness. Felt quite intrepid really!

The waterfall- the sides of which are frozen
The bridge over the creek walking

2 comments:

Michele said...

The conductor is really cute.what's amazing is he obviously knows the music and what is coming next!

Barb said...

Love these answers to the 10, Celia. Where do you get these. I would love to use them. Some days, blogging just leaves me empty!

What great pictures. I love looking at these are knowing they are so real yet I am unable to see them. You bring some to the greatness of the world to me. We tend to get so wound up in our own little area! It is hard to explain, I guess just understand they make me happy!!! LOL

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...