Saturday, January 22, 2011

It snowed again

 They predicted snow overnight and it was supposed to start at 9pm. Great thought I just when I am coming home late night from photography I'll be in a snow storm. Lucky for me it didn't commence until later- much later. But snow it did and it made for a very pretty if slushy "commute"


First up- capture the accumulation on the balcony
Bundling up is not too difficult when one has a great coat- The new one this year has a zip that "goes both ways" makes in so much easier on the hot subways and then out on the street.
Stop and savour the view down Broadway then head for the subway
 The bikes are used by the delivery guys from the restaurant...they do earn their tips when they deliver take out in this sort of weather- in most weathers really.
But then there were the bicycles covered in snow
 Up in Harlem the snow seemed thicker and fluffier and made for great photographic opportunities
The early morning light and the snow

A path had already been created in the school plaground

Love the dark tree and the snow
 By the end of the cold cold day the snow was still around and despite the cold and the snow I did my long walk home. There were a couple of snow flurries as I walked home but it was not too bad- other than the slushy puddles it was a great walk home, again.
Did the long walk home past 68th St "Square"

2 comments:

Barb said...

Love the pics, Celia! That does it for my snow for the year. Here I am complaining about the cold here in Florida. It is 53 here right now and I only plan on going out to get a few things we must have from the grocery. And I figure if I HAVE to go out on such a cold...LOL day...I really should be rewarded with a Starbucks!!

Michele said...

The snow looks lovely from this warm distance! Congratulations on the continued walking!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...