Monday, October 1, 2012

Travel to VI

The concept of getting up at 3:30am in order to catch an early flight to USVI was much more rosy than the actual doing of said get up.
I woke to an alarm and was quite alarmed! Thank goodness Franklin (car service driver) is reliable and arrived promptly. I had realized how many people are actually arriving home at 4am- Truly the city that never sleeps was also late at getting some rest.
I got to Newark in plenty of time- thank goodness. As I checked in where I always go and then had to change terminals as I was flying to Washington Dulles first- a domestic flight and a little smaller plane. This meant going back through security and then taking the air train- up and down many steps and finally to the gate. I little wait and then I was on the plane and asleep before we took off. I have no idea if anything was offered for our comfort (unlikely I think) and next I know we're landing at Dulles.
I have some very ghastly memories of Dulles airport- not from anything other than my own blood sugar levels being low and very bad decisions being made. However this time it wasn't so bad although it was one of those going from terminal to terminal and using trains and locating the gate right at the end of the terminal. However an upgrade truly perked me up and I didn't have to go off and find my own breakfast as I knew I'd get one on the plane.
The trip to San Juan passed very well as I am in the process of catching up on Homeland. Hooked!
The small plane from San Juan to St Croix sort of finished off the flights pretty well and my bag made there this time. Yay! In fact it was first out onto the carousel and fell off the carousel which had me flying down the luggage area trying to shuffle my feet into my sandals as I had been taking that opportunity to de-layer myself.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...