Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bogtoberfest Day #6- Savouring Saturday

A painting and a chair in my room in St Croix



It's not the usual Saturday for me as I depart St Croix and head back to NYC.
But I was able to savour the moment of leisurely getting up, my flight wasn't until 11:45am. I spent the time getting sorted for the day, a slow start and a relaxing breakfast- it was too hot outside to sit on the balcony (is it a balcony if it is at ground level?).

There wasn't the mad dash from terminal to terminal this time. Although there were anxious moments about my bag as the computer system had been down in St Croix and so the luggage label on my bag was hand writeen as opposed to computer generated which gets scanned in aiports to transfer on and off planes. My concerns were:
  1. Would the label survive the transfers?
  2. Would they be able to read the label?
  3. Would it make it to the luggage carousel in Newark?
My NYC view painting and my couch
 The answer to all these was thankfully YES!


And so I am back in NYC with luggage in tact and not overly weary with travel.

I like the juxtaposition of the photos of the two places I was in today.

The emptiness and quiet of the setting in St Croix compared with the noisy painting (Of the scene out of my apartment window) and the slightly more busy pattern of the couch.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...