Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blogtoberfest #22 Empowered

How appropriate is this? When I head back into my blog to try to catch up and I looked back at the prompts from the Blogtoberfest blog and happened upon this one

One of Maddy's little birds
Did you choose a word for 2012? By that I mean, at the end of last year, did you alight on a word that would guide you through the new year? Perhaps the word would be something that you wanted to achieve, explore or invite more of into your life. Or perhaps it would be something to guide, inspire or fortify you. Or maybe it would just be a pleasant travelling companion, benign and reassuring that you're generally on the right track.

I did indeed choose a word for this year and it was/is "empowered" although I didn't really act on thinking it through as much as i did with my word in 2010 (which was "Spirit"). However even though I didn't review and think it out i have been living and feeling it. And have done some really empowering things during the year and have taken steps myself to become the new and ever evolving me in the year that I turn 60.

How appropriate is it to being blogging on 22nd of the month about my empowerment and things achieved thus far given that 22/11 is not that far away!

The main feeling of empowerment i have had during the year is that I can and have made decisions for myself and my life that I feel truly content with and others that I feel I have made the decision and taken action.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I read on facebook that you aren't in NYC. Thank goodness since they are getting hammered. Hope you find everything okay once you return. Oh--I miss Barb too. She was such a lovely, kind person.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...