Saturday, October 27, 2012

Blogtoberfest #26 Getting organized

I like to be organized and to a certain extent I pride myself on my ability to be organized. However this blog has shown how disorganized i can be and how inconsistent I can be. I've got to get this thing organized. And thanks to Anthea on the blogtoberfest blog I have a better insight into what I can do.
She said ....
When I visit a blog it's frustrating to get there and find nothing has changed... again. I love for it to be consistent whether it's always updated on a Tuesday, a Friday, every two days or every day. It's a good practice to get into for a blogger, to have a structure to adhere to. Plus it's a pleasure reading a blogger who's always there when they say they're going to be.

So what I need to do is to plan out when I'm going to blog and do it and then perhaps i won't have this "backblog" of catching up.

I find all manner of excuses... time being one of them. But at Michele suggested perhaps to draft the pages when i have time and post them when I don't so they are in place an ready to roll. And then Paula on the blogtoberfest earlier in the month said...
On my blog map, each month has a card with the main blogging project for the month (29 Faces for September, Blogtoberfest for October and Art Every Day Month for November). Once the goals are in place I can schedule the tasks for each project and the posting times into my daily planner. 

I even put a weekly card with the "ONE thing to do this week" for each project so as not to overdo things!

That's even way more organized than I could ever be but the theme for the month or even the week may help me overcome the issue of not getting anything there.



I really want people to read my blog but if I have nothing to say that's worth hearing/reading then why should they bother. The ridiculous thing at the moment and one excuse I have been giving myself is that I don't want people to read about things before this coming weekend so I have been keeping off the airwaves- pathetic...I'm sure the people concerned don't read this pithy little missive anyway but I don't want things to get out into the stratosphere.

The photos are a continuation of "on this day in ..." series as i haven't taken any photos of late but that is going to change today! These ones were taken on this day in 2010.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I often feel the same about my blog. Who reads it? Do they really care? I enjoyr reading your blog--seeing what you have been up to. Seeing how different your life is compared to mine.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...