Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blogtoberfest #8 You just gotta love a parade

The great cockade hat



 It is an interesting way to celebrate Columbus Day... actually I have no idea of any other way to celebrate it. One has to love the fact that it gives us a long weekend.


I used the parade as the start of my walk for the day.

It is crunch time... I've made excuses long enough and need to get into shape... so the past two days I have gone for a long walk.

Part of the parade was Italian cars and bikes


 The challenge is for the week is to walk 30 kilometres- a challenge indeed. To date I've managed to walk 10 kilometres - I've been using the number of streets to the mile as my gauge- my aching muscles is another indicator that at least I have put some effort into it. Tomorrow when i have to go to work is going to make it a little more challenging.



Couldn't resist trying to capture these photographers



In order to walk a good distance I walked down 5th Avenue and the sights along the way were worth it.
Love the chrysanthemums

A view of the Flatiron gave me a place to head for

Made it there!

Hmm fall has arrived.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...