Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Michele

It is tricky trying to get the phone call right. The time and day differences are part of the problem. From the US to Australia is a day ahead and a different part of the day- I know one should work it out in hours ahead or behind but while it's daylight saving in both countries it is easiest to just add two hours to the US and put the time in the opposite section of the day either morning or afternoon.

So having gone through these mental gymnastics on Sunday night after my mega flights (read September 30 post) I managed to ring Michele at 5:30pm so that it was 7:30am on her work day- she may not have heard the phone as she could have been in the shower, or driving to her walking spot or actually walking by then but she did hear the phone.

Singing Happy Birthday as a way to start a phone call is a good strategy to greet a birthday girl but it didn't actually sound like her so I kinda stopped half way through. It was her, I asked if I'd woken her and i had- panic! Had I got my calculations wrong? No, she was sick! Sick on her birthday and still in bed and heading to the doctor soon.

I hope the day picked up from there and it ended up being a Happy Birthday after all.

I miss making you a special breakfast on your birthday and giving you you birthday present and then giving the afternoon birthday present- another little something to add to the joy of the day. I miss taking you to a special spot for your birthday and embarrassing you by singing Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday to the best of sisters!

3 comments:

Terry said...

you are so thoughtful. What a bummer--sick on your birthday.

Michele said...

That's lovely Celia, And I did make its nice but slow day!

Bron said...

So very sweet of you I am sure she was made to feel so much better for your call. x

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...