Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another visit

Guess who?
 I know i know a tad besotted but he is cute!
I fly back to NYC on Saturday and with work etc it was one more chance to catch up with the Lovely Bridie & Sean and the gorgeous Dylan. So I did.

A trip to the airport was the start of the day- to farewell Tony and to meet Sue.

It was so lovely of Tony to fly all the way from Perth to see us all- we had some good times sharing all the things happening in our lives and plans for the future.

Having waved him off it was time to greet Sue arriving from NYC via LAX  via SYD. The board said the plane had landed. Last week when I arrived the plane landed I hurtled along the corridors to the immigration section and rejoiced in the fact that I have a passport with a chip in it- it speeds things up no end. One scans one's own passport then stands on the spot at a little gate thing and has one's eyeballs scanned or something along those lines. I knew Sue didn't have one of those fancy schmancy passports but fast as my exit had been the previous week it didn't account for the delay in her exit from immigration and customs.
Standing waiting for her to appear through the doors seemed to be taking forever. I had managed to get through in about 20minutes. After 45 minutes I was starting to wonder if I had missed her. I was privy to lots of scenes of welcome reminding me of the scenes in Love Actually. Unfortunately I wasn't able to recreate this great T-mobile ad but she did eventually make it through and we were on our way about an hour after she had landed.

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a cutie he is!!!

I had never heard of a passport like you have but it sure does seem to make the traveling a lot easier!! Do you have to order the ones like that?? Do they cost? Seems like they would be worth it!!

You seem to be in a whirlwind with all you are doing. You will have to retreat back home to get some rest!! But so nice you can visit with so many you have been away from for so long.

Continue to have a wonderful time. The days are closing in.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...