Friday, February 4, 2011

A late posting

Love ow one can "back post" so that there are entries for every day of the month and I can keep feeling virtuous about meeting my own personal challenge!
There is no way i can remember what happened specifically on this day so using the list idea is a good way to catch up.

1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Difficult to find a single one- when does childhood end? Perhaps though my favourite times as a child were spent at Horsham pool eating boston bun and swimming all day. Getting so tired that after a late picnic tea at the pool we headed back to the farm me singing in the back seat to keep myself awake and stop from getting car sick. The heat of the car seat from being parked in the sun all day; the damp towel  under your legs to protect them from the seat; the car window open and the hot air blowing on your sunburnt face.

2. What is your favorite quality about yourself?
My capacity to be organized.

3. What is your favorite thing that your child does?
Oops big assumption- don't have a child- but the favourite thing that Spencer the dog does is sleep under my bed when I am home. His loyalty shifts from Michele to me back to Michele.

4. What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
 Sit with a cup of tea on the couch in the lounge in NYC and watch/have going an episode of some detective program be it L & O in one of it's many incarnations or NCIS or CSI or Bones.
In Melbourne to relax is to sit on the couch in the lounge room (we don't have a TV) and play scrabble (particularly enjoy it when I win) and read a book while waiting for Michele to try to beat me.

5. What is your favorite restaurant? And what is your favorite thing on the menu?
Tricky as there are many but I do love Spice on 8th Avenue and love their samosas.

6. What is your favorite piece of jewelry (besides your wedding ring)?
Big assumption again! I  could be flippant but I won't my favourite jewelry (at the moment) my earrings I bought in Santorini and the ring I bought in Santa Fe- both are gold and silver- love that blending and "freedom" of having gold and silver in the one piece.I can picture finding the pieces and the places from which I bought them.

7. What is your favorite night of the week M-TH? And why?
Thursday is my favourite night currently as it is when I do some writing with Bernadette (unless something else gets in the way and then head off to photography- amazing how one can fit things in when one is sooo enjoying them.

8. What is your favorite dessert?
Apple crumble- it has to have lots of apple, crunchy crumble and fresh cream- King Island cream would make it even better.

9. What is your favorite item in your make-up bag?
Glory glory how does one develop a favourite in one's makeup bag- I obviously move in a different sphere from these women or perhaps they are becoming desperate in trying to think of different things for their list. Hopefully we won't get to the second and third favourite thing in our make up purses or even the least favourite thing in your make up purse.
I refuse to try to rank my items of make up as favourites- however I could rank them according to effectiveness.

10. What is your favorite smell?
You wouldn't believe what the writer of this list put as her favourite smell... I hope my favourite smell sounds little more high brow! And so to my favourite smell which is the smell from wood fires chimneys on a cold winter morning as you walk along the street. I know one shouldn't say two things are you favourite but another favourite is the smell of the Australian bush- the eucalypts on a warm summer morning or that fresh, crisp eucalypt smell as one gets out of into the open air - home!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

I particularly like your childhood memory, how you sang to keep yourself not only from falling asleep but from being car sick. I also laughed at #3, noting the assumption and Spencer's habits. I would have trouble picking only one favorite smell, too.

Barb said...

Great post, Celia!! Love learning more and more about people and what makes them...them!!!

I, too love your childhood memory. That was great. You wrote it so well that I felt like I was there!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...