Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Can you see them?

Glancing out the window from the office I was standing in I noticed these cats making their way around the snowy Morningside Park on the other side of the street.

If you peer hard enough you can see the two black seated blobs/cats, halfway up the photo near the base of the tree.
They were huge- have to be feral cats as they wee much too large for domestic cats.
This reminds me of the first time I saw a feral cat. I was driving back to the house I was then living in in Donvale (Melbourne), it was dark and it felt like I had imagined seeing this enormous cat. I ws telling one of my housemates about it and he said "Oh it was a Fair Isle cat!" I kept imagining these cats roaming around the bush in Australia wearing little Fair Isle jumpers (sweaters).

http://www.fairisle.org.uk/images/jumpers.jpg
Can't you imagine a cat in one of these?




2 comments:

Barb said...

Too funny, those cats in the sweaters!! We have feral cats here. Jim's niece, in fact, somehow got them inside her mobile home and they were running around in the cupboards while she was not at home. I would have freaked. Those things are huge AND mean!!!

Tamarra said...

LOL... I remember the first time I heard the term (on McLeod's Daughters) and I had to google it .. I like sweater cats better :)

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...