Saturday, February 26, 2011

Last day

 It is the last day in a couple of ways... the last day of the conference/training and the last day of this trip home.

The view toward Melbourne CBD from the conference/hotel venue
It has been 12 great days that have flown by but lingered as well. I haven't managed to "catch up" with everyone I should have or wanted to but I have learned that one can't and still maintain one's sanity. If I have managed to meet up with friends during this time it has been a bonus.

Love the eucalypts
 I'll be back again in July and then there will be much more time for the usual catch up and run around.
View down into the street and part of the park opposite
I have had the chance to sample some of the things I love about being at home and Australia. Here's a sample of those things...
1. Family
2. Friends
3. Spencer- the dog
4. Being out in the garden
5. Hanging the washing out to dry
6. Cafe latte/ decent coffee
7. Theatre
8. Music
9. Shopping
10. Lamb, chocolate and reasonably sized portions of food

2 comments:

Barb said...

So glad you had a great time!! Love your list of what you have got to do!! Love the reasonably sized portions. America can only go on bigger and bigger sized portions. I had thought if I would open a restaurant I would offer what I had seen in one restaurant in Ohio years ago, meal size of 1,2 or 3. One being small, with say one chop and smaller portions then 2 and 3, with say 2 chops, 3 chops and larger portions. Sounded like a good thing to me!!

Terry said...

Celia--I sure have enjoyed reading about your trip. You lead one exciting life compared to mine!! Have a safe trip home.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...