Friday, February 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday on Thursday and catching up

I am nothing if not determined ... a) to catchup on February blog posts and b) to try to blog for each day of the month/year. I did so well in January I figure I just need to go at it one day, one week, one month at a time and the year will be done.
And so when one doesn't have a photo to rabbit on about what have I managed to find and that is the great "ten on Tuesday" at "Roots and Rings" blog. I didn't need a Tuesday post so figured I'd use it for a Thursday- it starts with "t" at least.  And so to...

1. What’s your favorite kind of donut?
I know this is a very American question as donuts are not necessarily the thing one thinks a great deal about in Australia. We have donuts- those great little jam filled ones that are rolled in chunky sugar and served hot- you can buy them at Victoria Market or at the Show or even at Footscray Railway station so I guess I do have a favourite donut and it is those ones. We don't have a culture of buying the box of donuts to take to an event- I have been struggling to think of an equivalent and I think it may be the boston bun or other long bun that has very sweet sticky icing, the bun is sliced and buttered and served for morning or afternoon tea.


2. Do you use the snooze button?
No. I only set an alarm if it is an unusual wake up early day and even then I usually wake before the alarm. I don't set an alarm usually- I read somewhere years ago that it is better to wake "naturally" without an alarm and that is what I manage to do on work days as well as weekends.


3. Do you write in cursive, print, or a combination of the two?
My handwriting is a bit of a blend of some sort of "curse-ed" writing. Having to teach kids how to write has meant that I sort of muck around with aspects of my writing all the time. I loath my signature- it has no flair or style to it.


4. Tell us a joke.
I couldn't think of a joke so decided to link you to one of my favourite sites I get a laugh from- Improv Everywhere- this one I hadn't seen before and it was only in October last year- how did I miss it?


5. How many languages do you speak?
English and Australian- I am hopeless at languages which is odd as I cn learn lines for a play and repeat lyrics from songs, and recite poems from my childhood but learn a language- it's beyond me.

6. Why did you start blogging?
 My blog began to share my life and ideas and thoughts while living in the US. It was a hope that people would share their thoughts and ideas with me but it seems I have my faithful reader Barb who buoys me along my blogging road and Michele who pops by regularly. It would appear there are others who read but choose not to communicate with me either from the desire to remain anonymous or some other, unknown, secret intent. I would love to hear from you just occasionally... please... ah well perhaps sometime soon you'll let me know here what you are thinking.
Having now berated you... I read at GIS one person saying that she doesn't blog every day but when she can or when she has something to write about- it had never occurred to me that you might do that- that idea was liberating enough to get me started.

7. Do you use bar soap or liquid body wash?
 Liquid body wash as I feel it is less harsh than soap but then in winter in NYC one wonders when that winter dry skin thing starts happening is there anything that will prevent the itch?

8. Do you buy bottled water?
No- as my mother would say "there is plenty of water in the tap!" and bottled water adds so much plastic to the world. I have my own metal water bottle that I take with me to work every day.


9. What did you think of the Super Bowl Half Time Show?
Didn't watch it this year but heard all the chatter about it. 

10. How do you feel about Steve Carell leaving The Office?
 Don't watch either versions of  The Office so no thoughts either way.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Aw. I LOVE your blog, Celia. I wouldn't miss it!!!

I am the worst blogger. I just can't get into a regular habit. Now I am wondering if I really want to post things about me that will be forever on the Internet. Thinking that one over.

OH how I love donuts. I have been wanting one so badly, but money is tight, clothes are tight, too, so I really don't need it at all!! LOL But I love the iced fried cakes. Especially the ones with white icing and coconut!! Yum.

Your clip was certainly entertaining. Sat here all by myself having a great laugh!!! I am one that loves that kind of stuff. I love, also, to do things that people would never expect straight laced me to do!! LOL

Keep blogging, you hear???

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...