Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photos and no photos reader

How did I do that? I left the photo card reader back in NYC. I am sure I packed it leaving my new one on my desk and packing one for Michele but hunt as I may I cannot find it. It couldn't have been pinched from my luggage- I mean to say it is precious but not that precious!
And so inserted here would be photos from my lovely day out in Melbourne- my lunch with Anne Marie- friendships are great especially those where you pick up exactly where you left off.
I drove in to the city and parked in a car park- they are astronomically expensive but in the end I figured it was cheaper than parking at a meter and getting a ticket as I would have over stayed the time. One finds it hard to find a parking meter in the city that is for longer than 2 hours and that's how long I would have needed for our lunch. The lunch was simple but the conversation certainly wasn't.
The parking meters reminds me of the lateral thinking parking meter story...
the international lateral-thinking guru Edward de Bono said that he had a great idea to replace parking meters. De Bono argues that if you want to shorten the time parkers stay in one spot you should simply legislate to require them to keep their car headlights on whenever they’re parked. No need for meters, easy to police and you’re guaranteed to keep their stay nice and short!

After such a long lunch I caught up with other friends and colleagues- part of the reason I am home to get some of the review work organized. Then I headed off to meet the gorgeous new (almost 5 months old now!) great-nephew Dylan... oh yes and to catch up with Bridie and Sean.
Dylan is a delight just as everyone has been telling me- gurgles, chomps on his toes, smiles, grins, eats and sleeps. More time with him on the morrow. I got some photos but no photo card reader so perhaps a stop at a photo shop before heading elsewhere.

Drove back through bursts of torrential rain- I guess the drought is over for the moment!

1 comment:

Barb said...

So sorry about your photo reader!! I don't see how you would have not packed it. As it is...you don't have it!

Glad you got time with friends. Sounded like a grand time.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...