Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monday in Melbourne

Hired a car so got myself home and Spencer was very surprised and excited
After leaving the apartment at 12 noon and traveling to JFK to fly to LAX International time lines and transferring to a plane to Melbourne via Sydney I arrived home at 11:30ish am. Trying to calculate how long that is looks simple but given time differences and the International Date Line- it was actually 7:30pm Sunday night- so in all I was traveling for 31 hours. Admittedly I was early to the airport but they do recommend 3 hours before an international flight- tricky when the first leg of it is domestic. However I arrived home safe and sound.
You can tell this is an old shot as no wire door.

The purpose of the visit is to do the accreditation training next week so I had planned an extra week away from NYC and have taken advantage of it.

Now the running around starts as I want to catch up with people but also not over do it! But one has to eat meals each day so why not do it with friends.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Wow! I didn't know you were going!! That is a really long trip. I heard that to fly to Australia was one of THE longest flights! LOL Some friends of ours vacationed there once!!

Glad you arrived safely. I agree. You have to eat. So do it with friends. AND you need the break to keep from doing too much!!

Enjoy!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...