Saturday, February 12, 2011

The "exhibition" photos

These are the ones that made the cut.
The class project was to take photos each week to bring to class to have them critiqued and help us develop the skills we had learned in class. I learned so much - the change in the photos and my confidence in shooting them was very satisfying. I realized when I was putting them all together that each one represents some of the things I had learned along the way. 
The project I selected was "Grand Central"- getting the light right without using flash and on manual settings was my first challenge. 

Early in the class using shutter speed to effect

Taken during our week of portraits of strangers

Inspired by the work of Henri Cartier Besson

The depth of field class helped get the police and the travelers in shot

Looking through the window in the info booth- a different angle

I tried to get a photographer in focus the previous week and then this opportunity arose




2 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

Ooooooh!! These are lovely! I particularly like the view of the stairs.

Barb said...

These ARE fantastic shots, and I, too love the people on the stairs. Just a really different view.

Glad you learned so much from the class. Isn't it fun to be in classes. I love learning!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...