Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting in the rhythm of things

A day spent in a way in suspended animation waiting for tomorrow when I start work again. What a waste of energy- although I have managed to pack my bag and get things ready (even chosen my clothes for tomorrow) as we are heading off to the US Open tonight and it will probably be a late night. It always coincide with the start of school and so a challenge to see as much as possible without making myself dog tired. Not that I hit a ball or anything just sit and enjoy the atmosphere and the moments that are there- spent with friends.

As it is Monday I guess I could make a list of what I have managed to do...
  • order tickets for heaps of Broadway shows and the opera
  • watch the tennis- Melanie Oudin makes riveting tennis
  • some art journal pages
  • a bit of tidying
  • registered on line for a New York Cares volunteer event
  • checked out what's needed for cruise next week
Yep we are off on a cruise next week- we booked it ages ago to sail out of New York City and up the east coast to Quebec City. It's a ten day cruise and the idea of seeing the "Fall Foliage" and parts of North America that we would have spent a long time getting to was very attractive.
Sue, Annie and I are going to share a room- our time in Santa Fe meant that we worked out we can manage being together over a period of time - whether the confines of a smaller space on board ship prove difficult we'll find out.

Must recharge the camera batteries!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I think you accomplished a lot today!! Another trip. You are so fortunate!! Waiting for the pics already!!!

What type of work do you do with the schools? Don't think I have ever read that!

Hope you didn't over extend yourself and find yourself dog tired! If so...go to bed!!!

scrapweaver said...

Ha ha great list Celia! Hope the year starts off well and you had fun at your event. Lucky you for the cruise, I'll bet it will be gorgeous!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...