Friday, September 11, 2009

Thinking on Thursday

How did it get to be Thursday so soon.... ah yes .... that's right... work!

It has certainly gotten in the way of me getting to the computer but I plan to make up for that and catch up on my posts for the week thus far!
I love this photo and I haven't taken any today so here it is again!

A lesson I have learned during the week is lesson #76- when one can't find one's "photo uploader thingy" don't bother looking under the bed, beside the bed, in the top drawers or any of the drawers really. Don't look on the window ledge in the dining room or on top of the bookshelf or in all the desk drawers. In fact don't even think about looking in the fridge or contemplating buying a new fancier one on line just .... look in the back of the computer it'll be there from when last you uploaded photos! That's where the little sucker has been hiding the last few days and where I found it comfortably nestled waiting for me to find it and use it again.

Work has had me flat out like a lizard drinking and has exhausted me. Yesterday it was frenetic and today was so calm and "normal" in comparison.
I don't get tired of the view.
Up earlyish and the train to 125St. I have yet to take photos of the #1 station but it'll happen as I have a few days to do at the school. Today's work focused on helping teachers settle in to their classrooms and working out with some what they can do with their groups of students. I'm back there tomorrow following up on things- like demonstrating a reading lesson for one teacher and helping another with managing her role in the school.

3 comments:

Anke said...

I loved your story about the hunt for the uploader!!! That could have been me. I really like the photo of your view, that is a stunning picture! Sound like you are quite the busy one lately, sounds like my house! Take a deep breath!!!

Barb said...

Boy, Celia! Sounds like you have been beaten down a little with school starting. Sounds like you are the one that the teachers would certainly benefit from your help!!! I think your steadfastness and calm demeanor would be just the thing the teachers would need to learn to handle a handful of boisterous kids!!

Love the pic of the kids...their faces...some are dogged determined to win and other are laughing and having fun. Says a lot about the personalities!!

Carol said...

The photo of the building is amazing! I had to stop and study it to appreciate how clever it is!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...