Thursday, September 10, 2009

It certainly was wacky!

It was a journey across or at least under the river to Jersey City for a professional development workshop.
The day began at "sparrow's" (as they say!). 6:15am meet in the foyer with another consultant. Train to 34th St- train to Journal Square in NJ- taxi to the school where we were working.The sign in the hallway was cute but worried me that perhaps I was entering a time warp... even though Welcome Back Cotter was set in Brooklyn.
Set up all my data projector and computer equipment in a room that wasn't conducive to a lot of comfort but it was far better than many others had...

and had a chance to look out the window
Then the first of the three back to back groups arrived and no break or even a chance to come up for air let alone go to the bathroom, until 12:30 and lunch. We then had lunch after which one more session and the chance to head home.
On my way out of the building I noticed the above sight. It is the school's "bookroom"
I have never seen one like it- certainly not in Australia nor here really. It looked like the entrance to an old fashioned bank.
I have never seen so many text books in one space.

After another function back in Manhattan I was totally exhausted... thank goodness it is only once a year that I do this workshop day!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh my! I have never seen books like that either!! I am wondering from the mess how they even know what they have!! Not a real good example for the children one would think!!

Doesn't sound like they planned really well for your day if you can't even have a small potty break in between groups!! Perhaps you need to do a workshop for the planners of these events!!! LOL

Well, once a year ought to be enough to last till next year!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...