Monday, September 7, 2009

A stroll on Sunday

You never know what you are going to see when you take a walk in NYC but today did surprise me. There is often a market (during spring and summer) on one of the Avenues and today it is 6th Avenue's turn. My plans over the past few days has been to get my exercise out in the open air and so today I decided I'd walk where the lights took me so that I could keep walking at the same pace. This lead me to 6th Avenue and down through the market which was still in the process of being set up . I crossed 46th St heading toward the stage and the big balloons. Along 46th St other stalls were setting up for the second day of the Brazilian Day Festival- I guess if I had bothered to move out of the apartment yesterday other than my walk I perhaps may have found this rather large festival
The photo that I managed to get was a balloon "stuck on the spire" of the Empire State Building.

It took a little while to achieve it and my little camera struggled a bit.... the wind and light didn't help much but here it is in close up and...
at a distance. Silly things amuse this gal!
And so to catch up on days gone by!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Always something exciting to see in NYC!! LOVE the pic of the balloon on top of the empire state building!! LOL I, too, would take the time to get that pic! How funny!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...