Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Musing on Monday

Having achieved the impossible- I am packed and nearly ready to head off on the cruise! Just a couple of days work to get through first. 
But before heading off on our little sojourn I wanted to be sure to catch up on my blog and even more importantly catch some theatrical events in case i missed them .
So I headed to the theatre again this time to see God of Carnage. Despite its title it was very funny and I did enjoy the evening. Not as great a piece of theatre as was A Steady Rain
but it was vastly entertaining. The highlights for me were-
  1.  how did she manage to vomit so spectacularly on stage and
  2. the removal of the cell phone and thrusting it into the vase of flowers- both the action itself and the audience response- many male voices groaning and "oh no-ing"!
I know I have given away a number of things that happen in the play but... it was great to see Jeff Daniels (again), James Gandolfini, Hope Davis and Marcia Gay Harden. A great team. I can imagine Hugo Weaving the in Jeff Daniels role and Pamela Rabe in Marcia Gay Harden's role in the Melbourne production. It was a good way to begin a week!

1 comment:

Barb said...

You are a very good manager of time!! You seemed to have gotten quite a bit accomplished in a wee amount of time! What are you going to take to do on your cruise? Anything? (And are you saying you will not be blogging for two weeks? Woe to me!!!)

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...