Sunday, September 6, 2009

Snapshots from Saturday

The day dawned bright and sunny and was the perfect opportunity for a stroll along the streets of NYC. I walked across a few avenues and down a number of blocks to walk through Bryant Park - best laid plans- they were erecting all the tents/marques for Fashion Week which I gather is starting at some stage soon. So it was a brief walk in to and out of this lovely park. Around to the front of the Public Library which is swathed in construction and scaffolding apparatus as they clean and restore it so back up to 49th St and a view of "the pencil building" best known as the Worldwide Plaza.And so home and to get on with things for the day. However, the fact that the park wasn't quite how I had hoped, should have been an indication of how the day was going to go downhill!
I took this photo (along with other subjects) at the Met on Thursday thinking that it might sum up a mood and it certainly summed up the middle of the day.... suffice to say.... I now have a plane ticket that will get me to Anne Marie's daughter wedding in Newcastle (Australia) in December. The fact that it is not the type of ticket that the United website indicated that it was was the tipping point for me.
I was and, had been, beating myself up about it for the remainder of the day but I will be at the wedding and it'll be great to see friends again so soon.




1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh OH! Sounds like United did not come trhough for you as expected! Sorry to hear that the afternoon certainly went downhill fast!

But if you get to the wedding is what really counts!!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...