Monday, January 5, 2009

Brunch

The highlight of the day really. I got fresh air in my lungs, walked a few blocks and then came home to get organized. I find that I am pretty organized- enough to spend each evening preparing my brain for the next day's work!
We went to The Beacon on 56th St. Sue had asked me if I'd survive until 11am without breakfast and I said I could however it was not an issue as this little lay-a-bed didn't wake up until 10:10am! I don't know how long it is since I have done that. The fact that I didn't turn out the light until 12:45 may have had something to do with the sleep in.
Part of what kept me awake was reading and then looking through an art magazine. I got some good ideas about things I could do in my Art Journal (I told you I am becoming obsessed) and actually tried some of it out today.
Sue gave me a small notebook which I have kept by my bed to write down ideas and thoughts about all manner of things including the art journal.
I had planned to "take a photo a day" this year but have managed to miss some already including New Year's day and yesterday so the photo here is an effort to get one taken for today. It is also one of the last ones of me with red hair as I am in the process of going back to my "natural" colour- that means I am going to looking very different soon when Francois finally gets the scissors to my locks and cuts off the final dyed hair and I see the "real" grey haired me! Can't wait but have to be patient and let it grow a tad longer so I don't appear too shorn!

3 comments:

Anke said...

you are one brave woman!!!! :) I am not aging gracefully, my hair will remain colored for a while longer. I bet you will look beautiful with that short hair, very stylish!!! go for it!

Barb said...

A pic a day. I love doing that. It would force me into seeing more around me.

I gave up on coloring my hair. And now I actually like the gray in it. I still am not white but I actually would love that!!!

Terry said...

I am pretty natural myself. Get it highlighted to sort of blend the gray---I am graying uneven! the highlights just make it look a little more gray all over--make sense?

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...