Monday, January 19, 2009

Lazing around

The day at the Scrapbooking Meetup enabled me to get the photos in place for this page but I had to finalize the journaling and that was the reason for doing the page. Our challenge was to find humour in what others do. It'll come as no surprise to you Michele that I find this aspect of who you are very funny. We get so many laughs from your capacity to torture lyrics.
I've included the list from the internet of other people's tortuing of the lyrics of songs here too.

"There's a bathroom on the right."
"There's a bad moon on the rise."
Bad Moon Rising, Creedence Clearwater

"Midnight after you're wasted."
"Midnight at the oasis."
Midnight at the Oasis, Maria Muldaur

"She's got a chicken to ride."
"She's got a ticket to ride."
Ticket to Ride, The Beatles

"Are you going to starve an old friend?"
"Are you going to Scarborough Fair?"
Scarborough Fair, Simon and Garfunkel

"Baking carrot biscuits."
"Taking care of business."
Takin' Care Of Business, Bachman-Turner Overdrive

"Hope the city voted for you."
"Hopelessly devoted to you."
Hopelessly Devoted to You, Grease

"Just brush my teeth before you leave me, baby."
"Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby."
Angel of the Morning, Juice Newton

So other than completing this page I did nothing much until it was time to bundle up and head to Ann's on 56th St. Anne in Queens has been unwell and had postponed our lamb roast- something to look forward to still! But Ann on 56th was all primed up for a roast dinner so invited us all there for an evening meal of roast beef. We walked up through some slushy snow and back through falling snow.
The meal was "grand" the five of us having lots to talk about work and plans for holidays and no pressure on as Monday is a public holiday and we can sleep in a relax. Laughing with friends is such a good way to relax and unwind.
And what did I learn? I can plan and organize my week (which I did early in the morning) even when I don't work the next day. A bit lame I know but I really struggle to think of what I learn each day!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Celia, I love this layout and my husband Ed and I had a good chuckle over the tortured lyrics. He is a musician and I read him the "wrong" line and he guessed every one of them. Very cute memory and well documented.

Michele said...

I know you mocked me with love! I love the page!

Michele said...

do you think Linda got the "eyes are tortured" line as well, and not just thought it was the title??

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...