Friday, January 23, 2009

Surprised

I shouldn't be surprised by the generosity of my friend Shirley but today I certainly was. She gives of her time and friendship in innumerable ways however today was a complete surprise. In amongst the deliveries awaiting collection at the front desk was a parcel from Australia- from Darwin in fact and I didn't know the name of the "sender". I opened the parcel and there was this beautiful box embedded in red tissue paper. A simple note saying "Happy Chinese New Year. love Shirley". The gift was unexpected and its beauty lay not only in the items it contained but in the inclusion of me in her celebrations and thoughts.
It was a wonderful thing to come home to after a good day at work. I spent time with the cute kids in kindergarten and with a lovely new teacher who is willing to try anything and wants to have everything working well for the children. She is thoughtful and hard working and is a pleasure to work with- makes going to work really worthwhile.

2 comments:

Terry said...

what a nice gesture! Don't find friends like that too often. Enjoy!

Michele said...

Shirl was telling us about it at Spencer's lunch. It looks beautiful!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...