Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fraught

The sequence of events that led to my creating the "Trying 2B Positive" page were the culmination of a week where things in particular work kept dropping off.
During the week one school canceled some of my work days which represents a few $$$. So today I was at home when I should have been traveling to and working in Staten Island.
It was a chance to get the source of the fumes that were invading my room since Thursday night. I assumed it was from the renovations in the next apartment but wanted to be sure. The guys came and sorted that out. Then I decided I'd get the final stage of returning to my natural colour done. But Francois wasn't working so had to book that for next week.
Okay I figured I could get on with the preparation for a workshop I'm doing Monday week. Contacted some people to find out exactly what I needed to do and after a bit of phone tagging was finally told that day was canceled. Panic on my part as work was disappearing out the door much faster than it was coming in. But I decided no don't panic and don't be selfish there are others worse off than you. So I'd register for some volunteer work- contacted New York cares and the only time I could be "orientated" was in about a month. I can't even give myself away!
So in an effort to pick myself up I resorted to my Art Journal and then a trip to Grand Central and met my friends after their day of work- and we had some great laughs and great margaritas.

1 comment:

Tamarra said...

I just wanted to come here to say again how much I love this page.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...