Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What have you learned today?

During my day off yesterday I decided to make myself feel as though it was a day off and start by watching the news on TV. The morning show segment was finishing and the presenters were asking each other "What have you learned today?" Most of the responses were things about one of the other presenters and items that were in the news so it wasn't too hard for them to think of something. Except for one of them who used the time to advertise her upcoming radio broadcast- bit of a worry if she had only learned that it was on that day given that she was to present in a bout 30 minutes! I digress (surprise surprise!) ..... I had forgotten until now that I thought that would be a good thing to do each day, that is, ask myself and anyone else who wants to do it "So what have YOU learned today?" (ever the teacher I guess.
And what did I learn?
I learned that when I don't deal with an issue (like getting some financial aspect sorted) then I don't sleep. Hopefully now that I have contacted home and received the information I need I'll sleep better tonight. It amazes me how you can be completely asleep (or so you think) and you are suddenly fully awake worrying about something. The mind is a wondrous thing- also a troublesome thing!
I also learned where the teacher resource books are in the bookroom at my Brooklyn school. In finding the things I was able to help some of the teachers.
The day really was a get to work do the work get home sort of day.
The thought of a day off though buoyed me and made me completely idle or should I say Idol in the eveing- yep it's audition time on American Idol- the part I love the best seeing some of the weird and wonderful ones try and strut their stuff. And also try to pick the winner in the early stages.
And so ... what did you learn today?

3 comments:

Terry said...

good to see you learning lessons! I sometimes don't stop long enough to figure out what I learned in a day. Thanks for the reminder to slow down.

Anke said...

Leave it to you to find something to learn in a day! That is actually a really good idea, I bet we'd all feel a lot better with our lifes

Anke said...

Btw., when I don't solve something I don't sleep either.
I have to tag you, just passing it on, not my fault...
You are supposed to list 5 (un)interesting things about yourself, tag 5 more people and link back to me (or just ignore the whole thing LOL)

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...