Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year


Happy New Year to all!
Having had a flying visit home to Australia for Christmas was a great journey but quite disorienting. The result was a New Year morning where I really felt achy and as Leunig said in one of his cartoons (not this one couldn't find the actual one) I not only felt achy but as though I had been to the "tired and wan-arium".
It wasn't due to celebrations from the night before but I reckon a combination of jet lag having arrived back in NYC after 24 hours traveling and 8 days of meals and celebrating in Melbourne prior to that. So even though I dragged myself out of bed late I then threw myself back in to bed for 4 more hours. Hopefully this isn't an indication of my pattern of days for the remainder of 2009!

Eventually I felt okay enough to struggle out of bed and did a page in my newly formated Art Journal. I really like the process of visually representing the thoughts of the day or moment or time.
We (Julia, Sue and I) then headed over to Julie and Dave's on the corner of 47th St- this merely involved a short walk around the corner but it was absolutely freezing!!! We rugged up in coats scarves, hats and gloves and were so pleased we only had a short distance to go.
It was a New Year drink we had been invited for and took a couple of bottles of wines and I showed Julia how to use her furoshiki I had given her for Christmas to carry the wine in. I didn't have a photo but the links explain what we did. At Julie and Dave's they had made some Aussie style tucker including home-made sausage rolls and some lovely soup. There was some delicious nibbles and so after a couple of hours we made our way back home and spent the remainder of the evening scanning through the internet and watching TV.
By the end of the day I felt okay and hopefully have put most of the nasty side of jet lag to rest.

1 comment:

Anke said...

well, it's about time we heard from you again! We thought you got lost or something. Good to have you back home, sounds like you had a great times though!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...