Sunday, January 18, 2009

Crop till you drop!

The Lower Manhattan Scrpabooking Meetup met up at the Mulhenberg Library and I got there and stayed the duration- that is from 10am until 4pm .
I managed to get 5 pages done and a page in my art journal .
I am really pleased that I managed to get so much done. Not as much as others, such as Rosie who got 11 pages done but things flowed fairly well along with the conversation.
Cheryl was a tad weary as she had hosted the Friday night crop the night before at her work. I asked her what time it finished and she said 5:30am was when she got home! She lives a short distance from the location of the crop- about four of them "cropped til they dropped"! By 2:30-3pm today Cheryl wasn't making much sense! I suggested she needed some sleep- she didn't contradict me.
I caught the 1 train home- it's is right by the entrance to the library so very convenient for me. Sue, Margie and I met up and headed to the Lincoln Plaza Cinema and met up with Julia who had booked tickets for us to see Slumdog Millionaire. What a fabulous movie. I really thought the structure of the story was clever and kept you engaged in it. A couple of parts of it were were the only ones laughing as there were visual or questions related to cricket. Only a couple of people in the audience knew the names of the three musketeers, the information was significnt in the movie. The views of life in the slums of India and then the violence and conflict between religious groups was really well addressed. We had to wait in a queue at the cinema to get into the theatre. I took this photo of Margie, Julia and Sue all checking their emails while we waited.

A great night out at the movies followed by dinner at one of our favourite bars- O'Neal's unfortunately the bar staff tried to rip us off- they hear the accent and assume we are not from NYC or know our way around the city!

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...