Sunday, January 4, 2009

Her indoors

It was all I did really... remained indoors and attempted to get organized. I have become obsessive about my Art Journal and spent part of the afternoon painting pages and gesso-ing in preparation for the week of doing my Art Journal.... oh and working and getting on with things like earning my living! I decided if I got that done on the weekend it would be easier to do the the collaging when I got home from work.

I started by getting my goals written and then planning my week based around those goals for the year- how sensible is that? Getting my goals written is part of a routine that Michele and I have- it started in about 1994 (I have them all in a little book) and we rate ourselves on them each year. I haven't done very well over the year- less than 50% most times but it is interesting to see that things I set as a goal have now become part of what I do and who I am for example in 1994 one goal was "To plan for birthdays and Christmas by buying gifts through the year" now I do it without thinking so that most birthday and Christmas gifts are ready earlier than the last minute.

During the day I also worked out where and what I was doing at "my" schools in the week- still have logs to print and things like that to do but getting there. My head is a bit clearer of jet lag (can't work out how to make that sound less grammatically incorrect).

Sue and I spent time planning the menu of meals for the week, then ordering the food which will be delivered tomorrow. But I'm also at one of my schools near the great Asian market so will buy fish and things to bring home for our "grand" menus. I couldn't believe how cheap some of the fish was and the vegetables (like bok choy) were so fresh they last for ages. Makes one think about how "old" the ones are in the local supermarket.

We had dinner at home with Julia and I have mucked around with stuff like ordering photos and getting things tidy. The photos I need for the class with Debbie- still need to read the notes book.

3 comments:

Anke said...

wow, order food and get it delivered sounds awesome. Not to have to go to the grocery store, what a relief that would be. you sound so organized it's scary. I am a total scatter brain, no hope there....

Barb said...

You sure are making a good start on the new year!!

Sounds as if the year is going to be busy as ever...however very well organized.

I love the thought of keeping a record of your goals. Think I just might give that a whirl!

It is so nice to have you back!

Terry said...

order food and have it delivered!!! Unbelievable! I would love that! Just make a list, call it in--better yet order it over the net. Can you tell I live in the country. I am hoping to become a bit more organized also. Need to write down my goals for the year.

BTW--I am loving this MAC!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...