Thursday, January 22, 2009

Signs of winter

It was while I was walking to the subway on my way home that I spotted the lost scarf. I have been saying to myself for a while that I should photograph the lost gloves or lost or abandoned umbrellas that I've seen which to me are symbols of winter. I always think it and have never done anything about it until today. It is usually gloves I see- scarves not so frequently. Sometimes the gloves as propped up on fences and umbrellas seem to end up just dumped where they have failed their owners- gutters, sidewalks etc.

Having my camera "out" I then decided on these other symbols of winter.

frequently as we allow them at home. How can any kids play on equipment covered in snow.No wonder kids aren't allowed out to play at lunch time in schools as The temptation is always to have snow fights (not allowed) of to roll in the snow (not allowed).
Trying to stop kids playing in this lovely fluffy cold wet stuff would be like herding ants!


And what did I learn today- it isn't all that difficult to stop and take the photo when you think of it!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I need to take more pics! My DH says I don't take enough. And Terry said she took about 60 to get the good five she posted. Wow. No wonder that I don't have good pictures.

Love the pics. So simple but so about life!

Terry said...

Celia--you always inspire me to take more pictures. Just never seem to have that camera when I want it. Or--don't think about taking pics when I have the camera.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...