Friday, December 31, 2010

Daze Thirty December

 We walked in Brooklyn Botanical Gardens


 Pristine snow
 Icy paths

 Lost gloves

 Ten lunch in Manhattan and views of the Empire State Building
 And snowmen.

Gift. 
This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?

The year has had its ebbs and flows and there have been a number of gifts that are truly memorable and they are...
The gift of love given to me by a  number of people (you know who you are) but particularly Michele (my sister) she has tolerated and supported my financial incompetence, renovated our home in Footscray without very much support other than financial from me. She has come to visit over the Christmas New Year holiday, journeyed with me in France, shared the household and put up with the strange and disruptive working arrangements when I was home in July August, provided emotional support and an ear listening to my gripes and pettiness as well as offering wise counsel. I hope she understands that this is a gift that is returned in full measure.
The gift of friendship, which I return in full measure to my friends here in NYC, around the country on Get It Scrapped, in Brussels and Australia- the laughter, conversation and warmth given to me via those friendships I truly appreciate.
The tangible gift of the photography course from Sue is one that continues giving- thank you Sue I really love  what it has provided me with in terms of skills, interest and excuses to take photos!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Happy New Year Celia. Your photos are wonderful. Just look at all that snow!!!

Barb said...

Love your photos, Celia, especially of the botanical gardens...a place I would never had thought of in winter.

Your choice of memorable gifts is wonderful The gifts that don't cost money but part of your life are always the most touching to me. It seems have been so blessed.

Wishing you the abundance of blessings again in the new year!!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...