Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December Daze #18

What colour best represents the year you had in 2012? And why?

What colour would you like to invite into your life in 2013? 

Be as literal or metaphorical, clever or crazy, or just plain off-the-wall with this as you choose! 

This is in a way a no brainer... if you know me well you'd know what colour I would say but then again there are a few choices...

  • Purple- I love certain shades of purple and the year has been to a certain extent a purple haze- not drug induced or drug related but taking some parts of Jimmy Hendrix's lyrics.....

Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why...
Purple haze all around
Don't know if I'm  up or down
Am I happy or in misery?

  • Green- I love certain shades of green- "oh I like that one, yep it's green"

It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of Spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like an ocean, or important
Like a mountain, or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be
 
 
  • But what colour do I want to take into 2013? And colour my life? a rainbow of colours as I want to LIVE, in part Neil Young has said it for me..
I want to live, 
 I want to give
I've been a miner for a heart of gold.

It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searchingfor a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching for a heart of gold

And I'm getting old.
I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind, it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...